April 18, 2012

random...

Random 1: Touch is absolutely important and yet so disturbing when done by wrong person or right person at the wrong time. It means alot and sometimes it will mean nothing or simply am comfortable with you.
So now when a tout/ conductor insists on holding my hand when trying to get into a matatu/ bus is annoying... thats my personal space, get out of it, I dont know you, I can find my way into the bus...etc is what goes through my mind and have fought quite a few for that. I dont know how to classify these other group well but I have a lovely young friend, but he is tooo touchy, wants to hold my hand when talking to me, hold me, hug me all the time..it feels so inappropriate.
It is quite interesting as other people will do it and am comfortable with it but others I just want to run.

Random 2: I used to work with this person very admirable, he has good work ethic, purposeful life, family man, leader in society, role model to many. I consider him my mentor and he is a hero, I have been his apprentice for a long time and I respect him alot. I decided some day that I had learnt quite a bit under his wing and left but we still get to do many other things together. One difference between us is he attaches value to money alot and I probably dont value it as much, for me it is a by product not the main product. Recently we worked on something and he decided he would pay me for it from his own pocket and he insisted. Now the work delayed quite a bit due to 3rd parties involvement and when I tried it hurry it up, he decided to give the people a little more time to complete it. This resulted on a fine and he said I would have to pay for it, that just meant he wouldn't pay what he had promised as I was responsible. I do not have a problem with that at all, he let me off easy as I was more disappointed that we did not have the work ready in good time. We still got more work to do but I hope he wont offer me any money, money can be a little insultive, am much happier when we get the desired results.

totally random... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment