April 21, 2012

another random...

Random 1: I have a number of young friends and cousins both boys and girls, I call them my under-18s though they are past 18years. One of them is an engineer, another a student of economics, another entrepreneur who has gone off my radar, another dropped out of school, another a student architect. What they have in common is, they are 'crazy', they do daring things, speak their minds, they are searching for relevance and meaning of life and are fun to hang out with.
Now the engineer works as a managemnet trainee in a telecom company and he just attended a training on leadership for a week this past week. He's highly opinionated and critical so when he says he enjoyed it, thought the facilitators were impressive and such, you have to believe him. They were asked to assess their leadership characteristics and improve, change or stop what they do right or what they do wrong accordingly. They need to appoint an accountability partner whom they could share their SWOT and actions with during this period...and you guess correctly who he picked :)

Random 2: I am currently sitting end of semester 1 exams, they are challenging but I had better perform and excellently at that. Before I hand in my paper I usually mark my own exam...try to count what my score might come to, am not usually accurate but close by apart from one ACCA paper which I have never understood what the examiner needed to this day. When I sat for my final high school exams, what I scored was very close to what I expected (but I had really wanted to join a public university and had missed it by a point) and could even tell my worst performed subject. My brother decided to call my school and ask for a breakdown of scores per subject and alas, my best paper was my worst paper way off from my expectations and the one I expected a dismal performance had performed averagely. I asked the National Examination Council to re-mark that paper...long process but in the end that earned me an extra 5 points and could join the university easily. I still mark my exams and life too...if there's a probability of a certain outcome, I dont expect it to be too different from the actual.

Random 3: Office reshuffled yesterday, I now report to a certain lady who pays alot of attention to what I don't and which sometimes am disinterested in as she is HR oriented. Very few people can stand her and I suspect I was just a pawn. It will be interesting working with her, I will emerge refined or as a friend says, maybe she shall change. Recently she placed an order for smaller capacity flash disks as the ones staff currently have are too large...???? but I will do my best :).

Random 4: I think one my best past times is making noise, chatting alot...with intersting company. My brother was around for 10 days and for several of those days we have stayed up late chatting with our friends. Yesterday his flight was pushed back by 2 hours and we sat with him at the airport until his check-in time just chatting...got home late and I had to be in the office today.

Random 5: I had wanted to go to a tree planting excercise today morning but had to work, so much backlog due to being away from office for exams. Could have hosted a friend but we sort of did not make a commitment for that and sounds a little odd to bring it up so later today I'll excite myself to attend an opera...so curious to find out how it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment