May 22, 2016

2 hard things...

Hey, its been almost 2 years since my last post... not marveling at that.

I have since discovered two things am finding sooo hard to deal with:

1. Why do people place expectations on others?! I do too, cant wait to learn how to drop that.

Being a born again christian is harrrdddd, first trying to live right when living otherwise is way easier; second, when trying to live right seems to place you at a disadvantage when dealing with others, third, when others living as they choose seem to prosper way more, faster, and they just look cool and the big one; everyone seems to know the rules that Christians should live by,so if you say or do something that seems unchristian-like, wow the look of surprise on everyone's face; I just immediately become self aware..how come everyone knows these rules? I don't like rules!!!!
Why being a christian is cool to me is simple; I like principles and I appreciate motive!!

I get really confused when my friend who in many conversations, I have picked that he dislikes the colour red, shows up smiling ear to ear with a red car, a new purchase! Another friend goes on and on to explain how they don't enjoy the company of certain person, then when this certain person suggests an activity,my friend is first to jump in excitement and anticipation... They don't do it on purpose, maybe they say things that they think are in line with society, but their actions sell them out.
I can't wait to stop build up of expectations in others and put an end to such confusion.

2. Convincing someone to see things from my point of view...

I think am convinced that everyone is rational being, even the irrational ones; I am willing to share my opinion and open to listening others and end it at that. Who knows one of us could be right, other wrong, both wrong, both right...so based on your rational thoughts, the opinion that appeals to you the most is the right one for you; and there is absolutely no room for regret for your choice, because given the same set of circumstances you would still pick the same choice.

Hindsight is a different animal altogether! 10years later we will find out who was wrong/right and it won't change anything anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment