August 31, 2014

year flies past really fast...

Hard to believe, my last post was one year ago!!!

Aloooooot has happened in that 1 year!!!

Became friends with some guy slowly, turned into mind boggling quickly, ran away fast (younger), remained friends somehow, goal is not to trend near mind games again...

Ups and downs in the office, maaaannny but somehow turned to be more ups for me and down for a couple of other people. The best part, I got to work in a neighbouring country (Uganda) for 4 months. That has been excellent, the work especially as I feel I have grown in leaps and bounds in my accounting career, increased confidence, better organisation skills (still needs some improvement), good leadership and what I have learnt about myself is - am truly results oriented.

I had my 1st phone job interview, just scouting the market to see if am ready for it, it was a disaster... learned from that one, it was random and one of us was wrong for the other. Wise words from an old friend, 'now we need to do more homework for where we are aiming', no more shooting blindly.

I need to sit for my final accounting exams (2 papers), I have pushed it forward far enough. Its now time!

I am too interested in learning golf, its an expensive game, thinking hard of how to go about it.

Watched great movies, Good. Will. Hunting, The Great Gatsby, A beautiful Mind - very late to the party discovered its about John Nash -Nash Equilibrium.

Read and acquired several books, a friend brought a book written by a decent writer from Kenya but she got it in Canada called 'One Day I Shall Write About This Place' I loooved the title, even before I read the book by Binyavanga Wainaina, a memoir.

Earlier in the year, my bother fell ill...that was the scariest, craziest, sobering, terrifying experience in my life, ..he was 100 more times my reactions. God was really gracious and am absolutely greatful he is well again. Super Super Greatful!!!!

I was on my cousin's wedding line up, she was a beaaaautiful bride and nicely surprising, the pictures taken of me turned out to be splendid!!

I think am different, getting convinced little by little, day by day...the things I want now are complicatedly simple! A golf course, a library, a bookshop, a pond, hobby farming, watches, soft and cuddly stuff, a souvenior shop, raise funds for the foundation, peace of mind...my peers want to hustle and get rich & famous... I think I want to be wealthy...how different is that? If I get the things I want and am not rich yet, am tempted to think that I will be ok/content.

Saw this on twitter 'Know someone who's 31 years of age? They also happen to be 1 billion seconds old'.

I have soooo much to be thankful for this past 1 year. Thankyou God very much for helping me recognise the different situations I/We have gone through as opportunities to see, learn and experience new things and most of all realise God's faithfulness in our lives! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment