June 24, 2010

Review:Financial fitness - Muriithi Wanjau


This is a lovely small book with relevant advice on how to be financially fit. It borrows alot from bibilical teachings.

He likens the process to a gym; It is easy to resolve to attend training sessions, but a totally different story to actualy do it.

My best take home is Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children.

I have been asking myself a few questions; why should I work hard,why should I save; whose benefit etc etc...

I dont find it difficult to work hard and save for rent, for food, for clothing and such kind of basic necessities, I am able to recognise those as important things. The hard part has been what do I do with any leftover income after paying for the necessities...should I pay tithe, give it out, have fun, buy a piece of land etc etc..all these are important, and then what..

I already understood why its necessary to save for retirement...but how much will I need for the future, what if I dont make it, will I consider money important then and so on and so on.

Then that verse sprung up,and I understood, the future doesn't end with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment